Network Devices, Hub, switch, Router, Full Form Of NIC, Online Study
“Network interface card” it is responsible for physically connection of computer system and another network device. It is also known as LAN card Ethernet card and “Network interface controller”
- Hub is a central device. It is use to just connect the system in a network
- Hub is a broadcast device.
- It divide the bandwidth means if you have 100 mbps speed and 4 port in a hub then it divide into 25+25+25+25.
- There are minimum 8 and maximum 24 ports in a hub.
There are three different types of hubs
There are no external power supplies. It have minimum 4 port there are uplink port.
It has external power supply. it don’t detect the collision. It has minimum 8 ports.
It supports external power supply. It amplifies the signals and detects the collision.
- Switch is a central device. It is use to connect the system in a network
- Switch is a multi-broadcast device.
- It doesn’t divide the bandwidth
- There are minimum 24 and maximum 48 ports in a hub
- We can configure a switch
A computer networking device that is used to connect devices together on a computer network. A switch is considered more advanced than a hub because a switch will only send a message to the device that needs or requests it, rather than broadcasting the same message out of each of its ports.
Repeater is use to regenerate the signal. It works as an amplifier
In telecommunications, a repeater is an electronic device that receives a signal and re-transmits it at a higher level or higher power, or onto the other side of an obstruction, so that the signal can cover longer distances.
- A bridge is a device that separates two or more network segments within one logical network.
- It have minimum 4 and maximum 12 port
- It works on Mac address.
A bridge is usually placed between two separate groups of computers that talk with each other, but not that much with the computers in the other group. A good example of this is to consider a cluster of Macintosh’s and a cluster of UNIX machines. Both of these groups of machines tend to be quite chatty amongst themselves, and the traffic they produce on the network causes collisions for the other machines who are trying to speak to one another.
A device which connect two or more different network and decide the best route that is router. We have to configure a router. Means Assign Name, IP, Password and Route.
A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two networks. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.
Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets hosts.